Win back the cost of your fabric
More than anything, we at Wild Ireland Haberdashery want to encourage you to sew! We’re always grateful when customers tag us, along with photos of their latest makes on Instagram and Facebook, but what we would really like to do is to share those photos to inspire other sewists and to showcase the fabrics and patterns we sell. So, we’ve come up with an idea.
Call it a competition, challenge, or what you will. Send us your best photos of clothing, bags, or accessories, that you’ve made with our fabrics – better still, using one of our range of Butterick or Simplicity patterns. Then, once a month, we’ll pick the best photo(s) to showcase your work on our website and social media pages, and we’ll reward your skills by refunding you the cost of the fabric*.
Your make could be anything: a tote bag made from our soft canvas or Jacobs Coat, baby clothes made in a cute jersey print, a summer dress in cool yarn-dyed chambray, or a glorious coat in one of our luxurious wools. Don’t be shy. This isn’t a dressmaking competition. You don’t have to be particularly skilled. If you’re a beginner, you might send in a photo of something you made in your sewing class. The most important thing is that you’re pleased with the finished article and your photo displays it – and our fabric – to its best advantage. Photos should be taken at an appropriate range, so that the detail of the fabric can be seen. Please note that garments displayed on hangers are ineligible and will not be entered into the competition. We want you to motivate others by showing what you’ve made – and we want to motivate you, by rewarding you with the cost of your fabric.
*Up to a maximum of €60. See terms and conditions below.
There are some important terms and conditions, please take time to read them:
- To enter this photo challenge, entrants must have purchased the fabric for their project either from our online shop, sew-irish.ie, or in person, from our Miltown Malbay shop, Wild Ireland Haberdashery.
- Entrants may submit up to three images and undertake that the work showcased in the image(s) is their own.
- The prize for a winning entry will be a Sew Irish gift card, to the value of the fabric used for your project, up to a maximum value of €60. Projects using remnants, or discounted fabrics bought during a sale, are eligible, but we reserve the right to exclude fabrics that were sold at a special discount for charitable purposes.
- The amount of the prize will be calculated according to the cost of the main fabric only and does not include linings, interfacings, fastenings or other notions. Please mention your order number with your entry, or include a photo of your till receipt, as proof of purchase.
- No alternative prize will be offered. However, as a gesture of thanks, all entrants will receive a coupon entitling them to a one-off discount of 10% on their next purchase.
- There is no restriction on the number of projects that entrants can submit in one calendar month. However, please bear in mind that, under normal circumstances, only one prize or discount coupon will be awarded.
- Images must be of a size and resolution suitable for use on our website and social media pages in jpg, jpeg or png format, and must be submitted as attached files via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Photos must be sent as file attachments. Unfortunately, we cannot use photos that are embedded in the body of the email. We do not accept zipped files or links to other apps.
- Copyright for any images submitted in respect of this challenge remains with the entrant. However, by taking part, the entrant grants Sew Irish | Wild Ireland Haberdashery Ltd permission to use those images on this website and on their own social media pages.
- Adult garments should be displayed on a mannequin or wearer. Garments shown on hangers are not eligible. If garment is being worn by someone other than the maker, please ensure that the wearer gives their consent to the use of the photos online. Children’s clothes should be photographed laid out on a flat surface or on a mannequin. Please do not submit photos of children.
- Please include a short bio with your photo(s), telling us a bit about your sewing experience (this is for interest only and will not influence the judging).
- All entries sent to email@example.com will be acknowledged. Entries received by the last day of any calendar month will be put forward for judging at the end of the following month. So, a winning entry received in March will be announced at the end of April.
- Winners will be, as far as possible, anonymised in any mention, by use of initials and location, e.g. BR, Miltown Malbay.
- Generally, one winner will be picked once a month. However, if less than three entries are received in one calendar month, we reserve the right to carry over the judging until more entries are received. Equally, if two exceptional examples of work are received in one month, we may, at our discretion, choose to issue two prizes. In either event, entrants will be notified by email.
- This competition is being promoted by Sew Irish | Wild Ireland Haberdashery Ltd., Main Street, Miltown Malbay, Co. Clare, and will run on an on-going basis until a closing date is announced. Entries will be judged once a month by the management and staff. Their decision is final.
- This challenge is open to residents of the island of Ireland, excluding employees of Wild Ireland Haberdashery Ltd., and their families. There is no minimum age for entrants. However, children, and young people under the age of 18, must have permission from their parents or guardian.